direct | affinity Privacy and Cookies Policy
direct | affinity (‘our’, ‘us’, or ‘we’) are committed to ensuring the protection of your privacy and it’s important for you to know and understand how we will use and protect any information you give us through the use of our website, our social media, emails, documentation, letters and eNewsletter.
We may collect the following information
- name and job title
- contact information including email, website and social media contacts, including but not confined to, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google + and Facebook. plus user’s IP address
- demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer requirements via our surveys and/or offers
How we collect information
We collect information via our website contact form, our eNewsletter sign up form, our customer survey form and via our social media channels, including, but not limited to LinkedIn. We may also collect it face-to-face at meetings, events and seminars from people who show interest in our work.
We will keep any information you provide confidential and will not share with any third parties unless legally obliged. We keep all business cards provided to us by interested parties. Any information shared with us digitally may be kept for up to 90 days, after which it will be deleted unless we are/have been or are about to be part of a joint collaborative project, for example, you are/were/become a client or a professional associate/supplier, we will retain your information indefinitely unless you ask us to remove it from our database.
You may, at any time, request to see what information of yours we hold and request its deletion. There is no charge and we will supply the information to you within 30 days.
Why do we collect this information and what do we do with it?
We gather client and associates’ information to better understand our clients’, suppliers’ and associates’ needs and provide the best service possible, more specifically for:
- our internal records, so that we can keep in touch with clients, suppliers, associates and interested parties
- improvement of our products and services
- the tailoring of this website according to clients’ interests
- quotation and project work with clients and professional associates
We also use LinkedIn. You’ll find their privacy policies here:
Links to external websites
Safe and secure
This website has an SSL Certificate this shows trusted, secure and encrypted information exchange between browsers and webservers, websites and networks.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure and to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Controlling your personal information
We will not lease, sell or distribute your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law.
Our essential cookies are:
You can opt-out of Google Analytics cookies altogether by linking to this Google Analytics Opt-Out Add-on.
Other cookies that MAY be set by this site are detailed as follows:
- yourCookieStatus – this stores the setting whether non-essential cookies can be set. This cookie is set for a period of 6 months.
- PHPSESSID – this maintains your status as a visitor of the site. This cookie expires at the when the browser is closed.
Privacy queries, data removal and complaints
Please contact email@example.com if you have a query, wish to remove your data from our systems or have a complaint about something you think we have done that affects your data privacy. In respect of a complaint, please do let us know and allow us to remedy the situation. You are also free, at any time, to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office via the https://ico.org.uk.